Did You Know?
- More than 8.7 million Ohioans are library cardholders (that’s three-fourths of Ohio’s population).
- Ohio’s public libraries provide nearly $2.7 billion in direct economic value to Ohio residents.
- Ohio has the HIGHEST LIBRARY USE per capita in the United States.
Protect Public Library Funding
- State funding for public libraries will be automatically cut again on July 1, 2017.
- The PLF is NOT a line-item appropriation. It is an earmark and is currently set at 1.7% of the total GRF revenue receipts each month.
- Public libraries receive less funding than they did in 1998.
Who’s My Legislator?
- Use your zip code, to find your elected official
- Tell them why you love your library!