Skip to main Content
Did You Know?
- Ohio’s public libraries receive LESS in state funding than what they received in 2001 — a 24% reduction in funding over the last 15 years with no adjustment for inflation (see chart below).
- More than 8.7 million Ohioans are library cardholders (that’s three-fourths of Ohio’s population).
- Ohio’s public libraries provide nearly $2.7 billion in direct economic value to Ohio residents.
- Ohio has the HIGHEST LIBRARY USE per capita in the United States.
Who’s My Legislator?
- provide public access to the Internet, computers, and the latest technology (including mobile WiFi hotspots, 3-D printers, and more)
- help Ohioans find jobs with resume help and job search assistance
- offer literacy and homework help centers
- serve as a place for the community to gather
- provide life-long learning opportunities and programming for all ages
- offer well-rounded collections