Protect Public Library Funding
State funding for public libraries will be automatically cut again on July 1, 2017.
Did You Know?
- More than 8.7 million Ohioans are library cardholders (that’s three-fourths of Ohio’s population).
- Ohio’s public libraries provide nearly $2.7 billion in direct economic value to Ohio residents.
- Ohio has the HIGHEST LIBRARY USE per capita in the United States.
Who’s My Legislator?
- Use your zip code, to find your elected official
- Tell them why you love your library!
- provide public access to the Internet, computers, and the latest technology (including mobile WiFi hotspots, 3-D printers, and more)
- help Ohioans find jobs with resume help and job search assistance
- offer literacy and homework help centers
- serve as a place for the community to gather
- provide life-long learning opportunities and programming for all ages
- offer well-rounded collections