Call to Action: Contact Ohio House members
We need your help! We need library directors, fiscal officers, and members of your boards of trustees to email or call your Ohio House members.
Tell them that state funding for Ohio’s 251 public library systems through the Public Library Fund (PLF) will be reduced unless the budget is amended to keep PLF funding at current levels.
Investing in Ohio’s public libraries is critical as the usage and demand for our services is growing – especially as we begin to recover from the pandemic.
Now is NOT the time to be cutting funding for Ohio’s public libraries. Ohio’s public libraries provide crucial services to our 8.4 million library users.
- Libraries provide access to the internet including use of computers and other technology such as mobile Wi-Fi hotspots.
- Libraries provide educational wrap-around services such as homework help centers and tutoring.
- Libraries provide feeding sites for both children and adults impacted by food insecurity.
- Libraries provide job search assistance, online training, entrepreneurial programs, and other workforce development programs.
Urge your Ohio House Member to:
- Make public libraries a priority in this budget
- Maintain PLF funding at current levels (1.7%)
- Hold public libraries harmless from any additional reductions in state funding